Sunday, December 4, 2011

I'm in the process of making a recipe comic for part of my senior port and I've been inking it with a brush. Not a brush pen but an actual sable round brush. It's really ridiculously fun, easily my favorite part of the entire project.

But brush inking is one of those skills that needs some warming up before you get going, just to loosen up, get used to how to hold the brush just right, and make sure the ink is flowing well. So I’ve been inking existing sketches (and occasionally sketching something new and inking that) in my sketchbook to help me get warmed up before diving into the actual comic pages.




I've been wanting to do one of those "What I wore today" sort of drawings for a while. Unfortunately I tend to just wear jeans and a t-shirt/hoodie most of the time, which isn't particularly fun to draw. But my outfit was just interesting enough to commit to paper today. I think I may add color to it sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment