Tuesday, December 13, 2011

So it's finals week! While I make a mad dash to finish up my projects, have some stuff from my figure drawing for animators 1 class. It's been a really fun class, especially having done primarily figure drawing with a "fine art" approach in the past. I like the idea of using a live model not as absolute truth, but rather as reference to exaggerate from and building a character out of that. Exercising not only core skills, but also the imagination!

Also, you totally get way more interesting and fun poses out of an animation-oriented life drawing class.

 I'm particularly fond of this one. Trace does the best poses.



Toward the end of the semester, we started drawing each other and doing more caricature. A couple of my classmates....


More later. Now, back to painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment